Introductory Craft Skills Training
Dates: March 21, March 28, April 11, April 18, April 25,
May 2, May 9
Time: 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Place: ABC Delaware Classroom
Cost: Member: $395 (Entire Program, Includes Manual)
$60 Per Class
This course is a prerequisite for all trade/apprenticeship classes and is designed to provide students with basic knowledge and skills required in the construction trades. This class is also suitable for assistant project managers, office personnel, warehouse and yard workers who can
benefit from understanding the trades and what is expected of the workforce in the field.
· Enhanced Safety: Including Fall Protection, 1st Aid/CPR AED, OSHA 10, Construction Safety. Construction site job hazards, dealing with job hazards, aerial work, electrical safety, hazard communication and fire safety.
· Construction Math: Including reading a tape measure, addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of: whole numbers, fractions and measurements, decimals and percentages.
· Hand/Power Tools: Most commonly found in the construction
industry. Including drills, saws and other miscellaneous tools, all of which will be used in three hands on projects.
· Introduction To Blue Print Reading: How to understand and navigate a print.
· Employability Skills: How to keep your job.
· Communication Skills: How to make sure people know what you want or need.
· Material Handling: Proper handling techniques and procedures as well as potential hazards.