THE VOICE OF THE MERIT SHOP®
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association established in 1950 that represents more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 Chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
- ABC is the merit shop construction industry’s voice with the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government and with state and local governments, as well as with the news media.
- ABC’s mission is the advancement of the merit shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
- ABC’s objective is to deal with issues on an industry-wide basis through its national office and chapters.
- ABC’s activities include government representation, legal advocacy, education, workforce development, communications, technology, recognition through national and chapter awards programs, employee benefits, information on best practices, and business development through an online contractor search directory.
ABC Delaware promotes open competition through Free Enterprise, enriches individuals, while developing leaders in our community and the construction-related industries.
- Free Enterprise philosophy that offers opportunity for all.
- Quality through innovation, education and training
- Commitment to the community
- Promotion of health, safety & Wellness
Be the Voice of Construction, safely building our community using the Free Enterprise Philosophy.
Associated Builders and Contractors is a national trade association representing about 23,000 Contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and related firms from across the country and from all specialties in the construction industry.
ABC is the only national association devoted exclusively to the Merit Shop Philosophy, the principle of providing the best management techniques, the finest craftsmanship, and the most competitive bidding and pricing strategies in the industry, regardless of labor affiliation. Approximately 80 percent of all construction workers are employed by Merit Shop companies.
ABC is committed to developing a safe workplace and high-performance workforce through quality education and training with comprehensive safety and health programs.
ABC has 72 Chapters nationwide including U.S. territories, representing 22,000 merit shop firms.